- Power & Water
- Health & Safety
- Business & Management
- Buyers' Guide
Thursday, 20 October 2016 07:10
Thursday, 20 October 2016 06:54
Thursday, 20 October 2016 06:01
The recent announcement of new projects signals a steady flow of investments into sectors like infrastructure and manufacturing, which is set to generate contracts for regional steel fabricators in the...
Wednesday, 19 October 2016 07:41
Wednesday, 19 October 2016 06:30
Wednesday, 19 October 2016 06:17
Wednesday, 19 October 2016 03:44
Tuesday, 18 October 2016 07:23
State-of-the-art manufacturing facility to produce pumps, among other technologies, and provide localized and integrated services to local, regional customers Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s...
Tuesday, 18 October 2016 07:06
Monday, 17 October 2016 05:54
Sunday, 16 October 2016 11:31
Thursday, 13 October 2016 07:52
Wednesday, 12 October 2016 07:57
Wednesday, 12 October 2016 07:26
A host of international experts to present keynote technical presentations and speeches with high quality analysis and solutions for windows and facades at the upcoming Windows and Facades Technical Conference...
Tuesday, 11 October 2016 05:29
Monday, 10 October 2016 17:52
Aside from hundreds of exhibitors, The Big 5 also offers inspirational free training and certification events
What makes The Big 5 unique? Undoubtedly, it is the show’s reputation as being the largest and best attended construction event anywhere in the MENA region.
The organisers pay special attention to matching international suppliers who attend with enthusiastic local distributors. They also provide free training programmes to help exhibitors trade profitably in the whole region and a free seminar programme (more than 130 individual events) to help buyers select from the huge range of products and services on offer too.
Thus buyers from right across the region come to Dubai every November not only to source what their businesses need but also to network and learn about the very latest appropriate and sustainable technologies.
To help this process along, in the company of more than 50,000 other busy buyers, dmg is again laying on a series of themed internal events and programmes.
- The Green Build Congress: As new regulations come into force this will once again focus on the key issues whose understanding is essential if manufacturers, designers and contractors are to remain compliant, competitive and sustainable.
- Training and workshops: Techniques, universal best practice and both local and international regulations are evolving all the time. These training sessions and practical workshops will equip managers with the current information and practical skills they will need to succeed. The topics covered extend all the way from Green Building Council LEED requirements to project management in general and product sourcing.
- Free seminars: This year the organisers say they will be developing this series of sponsored events based on last year’s experience to provide even more - and more relevant - content for both buyers and suppliers.
- Big 5 Platinum Club: This has evolved over the years into a get-together for the most influential buyers throughout the region. More than 600 involved in the most important projects took part last year, all intending to meet directly with suppliers from across the world.
- Business matching programme: A new feature this year, these events are designed to bring together global manufacturers with local distributors, and to facilitate business introductions generally.
Finally, there are the prestigious Gaia Awards. Named after an influential and complex ‘whole earth’ theory and launched in 2008 these will be once again inviting suppliers of products for the coveted title of ‘Best Green Product in the Middle East’, thereby enhancing their prospects of attracting buyers looking for energy efficient and sustainable products.
Product and service categories attracting entrants this year have included water technology, HVAC, building facades and structures, finishing products, energy technology and the service industries in general.
Last year’s Gaia Awards resulted in a gold award for Nuuon Trading LLC for their EnOcean technology. Nuuon designs wireless home automation and security systems. As demonstrated last year their EnOcean technology supports battery-less and maintenance-free sensors that can be freely positioned, including temperature sensors and motion detectors.
There were 13 finalists in total last year and two silvers and four bronzes were awarded. In 2012 there are around 50 finalists in total, including 14 in the building facades category and a record 17 in finishing products.
“As the importance of environmental responsibility continues to increase across the international construction industry, the technologies and innovations that are being put forward for Gaia awards become further advanced,” said event director, Andy White.
“The Big 5 provides a showcase to help raise the profile of the winning green solutions, and we know from previous Gaia winners that the awards can make a real difference to their business.”