- Power & Water
- Health & Safety
- Business & Management
- Buyers' Guide
Testing and diagnostic solutions provider OMICRON claims it has developed the world’s first portable, three-phase test system, which supports all common electrical tests on power transformers – TESTRANO 600
Weighing just 20kg, it is ideal for routine and diagnostic testing on-site and during factory acceptance tests (FAT). In addition, its innovative design reduces wiring efforts, cutting down testing time to one third compared to conventional single-phase testing.
At Middle East Electricity (MEE) 2017, held from 14-16 February at Dubai World Trade Centre, OMICRON will be displaying this system and offering solutions on the ground.
• One system – multiple tests: With TESTRANO 600, operators need just one common set up to perform multiple tests, such as transformer turns ratio, exciting current, DC winding resistance, dynamic resistance, short-circuit impedance/leakage reactance as well as frequency response of stray losses (FRSL). By combining it with the accessory CP TD1, it can also test power/dissipation factor and capacitance up to 12kV.
• The magic number ‘3’: In order to work with TESTRANO 600, just three cables have to be connected – one to the high-voltage side, one to the low-voltage side and one to the tap changer. Three integrated sources ensure measurements with high accuracy and make TESTRANO 600 a powerful test system (3x33A DC and 400V AC). Compared to conventional single-phase test sets, a true three-phase test system offers several advantages, such as shorter testing times when energising all three phases at once, and a fully automated control of the tap changer during testing.
• Flexible and smart operation: In order to fulfil individual customer requirements, TESTRANO 600 offers a flexible operating design. It can be operated via the smart TESTRANO TouchControl on the integrated touch display or by using the established Primary Test ManagerTM software on the laptop.
• Active discharge and quick demagnetisation: The controlled discharging function (patent pending) of TESTRANO 600 automatically discharges the winding within seconds, for example, after resistance tests have been performed. This increases efficiency and safety during testing. Operators can also quickly demagnetise the power transformer’s core before and after testing using TESTRANO 600. Demagnetisation is recommended after DC has been applied on a power transformer, for example, during winding resistance tests. A demagnetised core reduces the risk of high inrush currents and avoids the influence of a magnetised core on subsequent tests, such as excitation current tests or sweep frequency response analysis.
• Safety first: TESTRANO 600 follows the ‘safety first’ principles and is equipped with an emergency stop button as well as safety and warning lights. The unique connector plugs and the simple wiring concept with labelled connection leads leave an extremely narrow margin for wiring errors.
• Compact and rugged for on-site testing: With all its accessories, TESTRANO 600 comes in a portable case and is easy to transport. Its rugged design makes it ideal for on-site testing even in rough operating conditions.
Stand No: H2.B20