- Power & Water
- Health, Safety & Security
- Business & Management
- Buyers' Guide
Caterpillar has launched a range of drop-in engines, which are ready to get to work straight away
The new Cat C2.8 and C3.6 industrial power units (IPU) feature a highly integrated design that saves customers time on engineering and installation. Common rail direct injection engines with a turbocharged or turbocharged aftercooled air system, theC2.8 and C3.6meet EU Stage V, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) emission standards.
For ease of installation, the IPUs which are targeted at the construction and materials handling industries, provide customers with full aftertreatment mounting, an integrated cooling system, a full wiring harness and mounting for the ECM and fuel filter.
The new C2.8 and C3.6 IPU engines are engineered to provide efficiency in performance, while saving equipment manufacturers time with a plug in and go design, meaning minimal engineering or design work. The engines are offered in ratings ranging up to 55 kW (74 hp) at 2400 rpm for the C2.8 and up to 100 kW (134 hp) at 2200 rpm for the C3.6.
A flexible design makes these lightweight and compact engines ideal for use in construction and materials handling, and across different environments, be it for a compressor in Dubai or a crusher in Norway.
The C2.8 and C3.6 feature:
- Fully engine mounted aftertreatment saves machine installation time, so your machine is ready and working faster.
- A fully integrated cooling package which has been validated to work in tough conditions and keep machines productive.
- Available with a heavy-duty cooling pack incorporating a pusher fan and erosion screen to suit machines that work in challenging environments.
- To support operations in challenging conditions the IPU is also available with heavy duty fuel filters with increased dirt holding capability.
- A pre-installed ECU and bespoke wiring harness provide easy access for the machine harness hook-up.