Saudi NCC signs deal to transport petrochemicals

Petrochemical-tankersBahri has 21 petrochemical tankers. (Image source: Bahri)The National Chemical Carriers Company (NCC) has signed a five-year time charter agreement for three chemical tankers with International Shipping and Transportation Company, a subsidiary of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic)

 

The agreement has been valued at US$128mn. The tankers will be used to transport liquid petrochemicals to international ports for a period of five years, with an option to extend the contract for a further five years.

“NCC is proud to provide a world-class standard and specialised carriers to transport Sabic’s liquid petrochemicals,” NCC chairman said Al-Rubaian said.

Two of the tankers will have a capacity of 45,000 long tonnes deadweight (DWT) and the third will be slightly larger with a capacity of 75,000 DWT.

NCC is a joint venture between Saudi Arabia's National Shipping Company (Bahri) who owns 80 per cent and Sabic who holds the remaining 20 per cent.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?